Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Homemade Granola

One of my favorite things to make is homemade granola.  It is sooo easy and yummy.  I thought I would share my recipe.  





 Mix together 4 1/2 cups uncooked rolled oats, 1 1/2 cups almonds, 1 cup unsalted sunflower seeds, 1 cup ground flax seed, 1 tsp ground cinnamon, 3/4 tsp ground nutmeg and 3/4 tsp ground allspice.  In a separate bowl mix 4 tbsp molasses, 4 tbsp canola oil, 3 tbsp honey, 2 tbsp apple juice, 5 tsp pure vanilla extract.   Drizzle over the dry mixture.  Stir to coat mixture evenly.   Bake 300 degrees for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally. 








When completely cooled stir in 2 cups of dried cherries.  I like to store mine in a glass jar.

Enjoy this granola  as a cold cereal or as a topping for fruits salad, yogurt, or fruit parfaits.




*  Makes a wonderful hostess gift. 

All you need is a vintage jar, tie it up with  a beautiful ribbon and a homemade tag and you are ready for the party!